you are here:  Prospective Students  Foreign Applicants  

Foreign Applicants

We are delighted that you have chosen the KU for your studies. On this page you will find the most important information about the application and admission requirements. One of the most important will be proof of your  German knowledge because in almost all courses, German is the language of instruction.

Information on German courses there is available on the Language Centre homepage.

However, you may also visit English-language courses that are currently offered primarily at the Faculty of Economics in Ingolstadt and in the Department of Sociology.

Depending on your nationality, you must also take the necessary steps for issuing the visa in a timely manner

For questions about life in Eichstätt, the Student Advice Centre and in particular the International Office of KU are available.

All foreigners, including EU citizens, who do not have a German university entrance qualification must submit the "Application Form for Foreigners". Otherwise the same admission requirements as for German applicants apply.

Application for Incoming Students

In addition to a possible consideration of the dates for an aptitude test (for applicants who are not EU citizens, it may already be until 15th January) All foreign applicants must (i.e. EU citizens) file for approval in each case, and

  • for the summer semester and 15th  January ( beginning of the course usually possible only for higher semester),
  • for the winter semester by 15th July  or  Fachhochschule degree programs by15th June

of each year. The entry request must be sent directly to the Student Office of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. "Bildungsinländer", that is, those students who have purchased a German university entrance qualification in Germany are treated as German and must apply in accordance with the above provisos to study.

Dateisymbol Application for admission to German university

Dateisymbol Information Leaflet on the Application Form for Admission


Please send your application to:

Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Maria Gerner
D - 85071 Eichstätt


Also include the following documents:

You should send the following documents for your application:

  • Completed application for admission
  • Certified copies of educational certificates
  • Translation of educational qualifications in German, English or French by a sworn translator (Higher education entrance qualification and all educational certificates if required)
  • Proof of passing the TestDaF or DSH examination (may be submitted up to the beginning of term)
  • APS certificates if applicable
  • CV in tabular form
Admission of international degree seeking students - University Degrees

Since the training systems are very different in each country, there is a central office for foreign education in the Federal Republic of Germany, which divides the foreign high school diploma in two:

a) Direct access to higher education

The foreign school certificate (possibly in conjunction with already served periods of study) is the German "higher education" equivalent. In this case, you must prove "only" to have the appropriate knowledge of German.

b) study entitlement without direct access to higher education. Your national educational certificate is not the German equivalent, so you have to take an assessment test to prove your eligibility for enrollment. To assist in the preparation for the entrance examination you will be offered to attend the "Study Group". The preparatory course of the Bavarian universities located in Munich.

Each foreign applicants thus obtains after a positive and timely application to the KU the following message:

  • support or reference to the still existing German language examination (DSH) - if not already proven , if you belong
    to group a.
  • date for the entrance exam in the university preparation - if you belong to the group b.

A failed college entrance examination in the Studienkolleg can be repeated twice, a failed assessment test can be repeated only once.