you are here:  International  COME IN – Study with us!  Double degree & exchange programs  Health insurance

Health Insurance

To be enrolled as a student at the KU or at any German university, you need to prove that you have valid German health insurance or an exemption from it. EU students are generally insured through the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) scheme. However, this often only includes emergency treatment abroad. Therefore, we highly recommend you enroll in the German national health insurance scheme (at a monthly cost of approx. € 108.00, e.g. with AOK). Furthermore, you must have valid travel health and accident insurance for the period between your departure from home and enrolling at our university.