you are here:  International  COME IN – Study with us!  Double degree & exchange programs  Language requirements

The KU's language policy

To ensure that they will be able to study successfully at the KU, Erasmus+ and exchange students have to meet the following language requirements: 

  • min. German B1, if you want to take courses taught in German
  • min. English B2, if you want to take courses taught in English
  • min. German A2, if you only want to take the German courses offered by our Language Center

Any type of certificate proving the required level is accepted. 

Degree-seeking applicants who do not have a university entrance qualification for Germany should contact the Student Office where they will receive information about the language requirements for the specific degree program of interest. As the majority of courses are taught exclusively in German, applicants generally need to take and pass the DSH examination or an equivalent examination.