you are here:  Students  The KU.Card

The KU.Card – much more than just a student ID card

Die KU.Card ist Studierendenausweis und noch viel mehr

The Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (KU) introduces the KU.Card in the upcoming 2018/2019 winter semester. The KU.Card is a chip card replacing the old collection of paper cards, library card and canteen card. Information printed on the new KU.Card includes the student’s last name, first name, date of birth, photograph, student registration number and user ID and identifies the holders as members of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt.

Upon your enrollment, you can use the portal in order to upload a photograph or block the card in case of loss.



Student ID: Use the KU.Card in order to provide proof of your student status (e.g. for identification in examinations or for student discounts on entrance fees etc.)

Library card: Use the library user number and barcode on the back to borrow books from the University Library (Use the University Library)

Canteen card: Use your KU.Card to pay for meals in the canteen of the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg; you can charge money to your KU.Card at the available terminals (Studentenwerk)

Printing/copying and scanning: You can use the printing terminals at the KU and pay for your prints and copies cashless with your KU.Card (KU Printing systems)

How to use the KU.Card

Once you have received your KU.Card, you will have to validate it at one of the card terminals. You will only be able to use it as student ID once you have validated it. Upon validation, the period of validity will be printed on the back of the card. When the KU.Card is first issued, a date might already be printed on the back. This means that you do not have to validate your card at the terminals for the current semester.

Please note: If your KU.Card has no validity printed on the back, it cannot be used as student ID (e.g. for examinations)!

The KU.Card is valid until the end of the respective current semester. Following successful re-registration, you can then re-validate your KU.Card and extend validity for the following semester:
As soon as you have successfully transferred the semester fees (€44.50) within the re-registration period, you are successfully re-registered for the following semester. As a rule, it takes up to five days to process your bank transfer for your re-registration; afterwards, you will be able to extend validity of your KU.Card for the next semester at a validation terminal.

Where are the validation terminals located?


Student Office (Studierendenbüro): Sommerresidenz, ground floor, room 004

Canteen: first floor entrance

Main Library: entrance area UA


Main Building: basement floor/lockers

Main Building: library/lockers

In case of loss or damage

If you have lost your KU.Card you will have to report the loss online at

and block the card. You can also unblock the card on this website if you found it again.

If a new KU.Card needs to be issued, you will generally be charged € 15 (unless the card has to be reissued due to a defect). This amount is immediately payable, either by bank transfer or in cash in the cashier's office. As soon as a new card is printed, the old card loses its validity. Any money still available on the old KU.Card will be transferred to the new card.

You can update your photograph using the above portal before a new KU.Card is issued.

In case of technical problems with your KU.Card, please contact the KU Computer Center’s IT Support .

Termination of your studies

Your KU.Card will lose its validity on the day of your de-registration.

A re-validation of the card as well as charging money to the card will be impossible after that date. If you try to re-validate the card, the word “invalid” will be printed onto it.

Any credit balance charged to the KU.Card must be used up before de-registration. After de-registration, the canteen operator (Studentenwerk) will refund any remaining balance by bank transfer upon request. If you wish to submit a corresponding request, please use the form provided by the Studentenwerk for that purpose: