In accordance with the 12th Bavarian regulation on infection prevention and control measures, libraries are now treated in the same way as food retailers. This means that the reading rooms of the University Library will reopen – in compliance with the relevant hygiene regulations:
- Users must wear an FFP2 mask in all rooms and on the entire premises of the University Library.
- They must observe a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between each other.
- The number of users who may be present in a reading room at the same time is limited depending on the size of the reading room. As you already know from previous lockdown phases, you will receive an admission card at the entrance to the reading room after having registered using your KU.Card. This also assigns you to one of the numbered workstations in the reading room and serves to ensure contact tracing in case of an infection.
- Main Library:
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 02:00 p.m. and 03:00 p.m. - 08:00 p.m. (cleaning and ventilation break between 02:00 and 03:00 p.m.).
- Departmental libraries Ulmer Hof and Aula and Ingolstadt Branch Library:
Monday to Friday 09:30 a.m. - 03:30 p.m.
- Departmental library Hofgarten:
Open by prior appointment that can be arranged by phone +49 8421 93-21325 or e-mail to ub-historische-bestaende(at)ku.de
Ordering and borrowing all stocks via OPAC
It is still possible to order books, also from the reference collection, in the ongoing corona situation. As of now, it is no longer necessary to arrange an appointment to pick up the ordered books.
For collection at the Main Library, the lending desk is open for you from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 04:00 p.m. (without ventilation break).
In the Ingolstadt Branch Library, access is still granted via the side entrance. You can take out your ordered books from the collection shelf here and borrow them independently at the self-check-out terminal.
Furthermore, the KU University Library offers the special service that ordered books are also sent to users by mail free of charge (only deliveries to addresses outside the city areas of Eichstätt and Ingolstadt). The Library will also keep up its scanning service.
For detailed information please visit our page Library & Corona »