you are here:  International  Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training

Experiences of your colleagues

„Conclusion: a good and productive exchange between colleagues, and the whole thing in English - since then, dealing with library visitors in English has become much easier for me!" - Bernhard Matschulla, UB User Department - Participation in an Erasmus Staff Week in Hradec Kralove (CZ)

Erasmus Staff Mobility for Training (STT)

What is Erasmus+ STT

THE KU's international offer for science-supporting personnel

As a further supporting measure for the internationalisation of universities, further education and training measures for university staff (teaching and administration) at European universities and at foreign institutions / companies within the Erasmus region are possible. 


The stays abroad must last at least 2 days. 


STT can be used to fund university staff from all fields, for example:

  • General & technical administration (e.g. examination office)
  • Library
  • Specialist fields
  • Faculties
  • Finances
  • International Office
  • Public relations
  • Student counselling
  • Course development and quality management
  • Continuing Education in Didactics for English Language Teaching
Who can apply for funding?

Every KU employee. Particular attention will be paid to the areas of administration/coordination of international courses of study and areas of general administration particularly affected by them, promotion of internationalisation and exchange of "know-how" in the field of documentation and information.

The Erasmus+ stay is also part of KU FIT

How do I find suitable offers?

In addition to individually agreed training and further education measures, many universities have so-called "Staff Weeks" as tailor-made programmes for specific target groups and areas of work. You can find an overview of current offers at IMOTION Erasmus Staff Training.


You prefer an individual stay and want to turn in an unsolicited application? Here you can find some useful information...

Where can I got? 

Staff mobility must take place in an Erasmus+ programme country which is not the country of the sending higher education institution (i.e. not in Germany) and not the main country of residence of the person concerned.

An overview of the participating countries can be found HERE.

How long must I go? Usually the mobility last between 2 days and one week. 
How much funding do I get?

The Erasmus+ mobility grant includes the travel and accommodation costs, which are subsidised by the EU KOM / NA DAAD as unit costs. The unit costs for the trip are calculated using the Distance Calculator. The place of departure is always the respective place of employment (Eichstätt or Ingolstadt).  

One-way distance according to distance calculatorAmount (unit costs) per participant (= round trip) 
< 100 km 20.00 EUR 
100 - 499 km 180.00 EUR 
500 - 1.999 km 275.00 EUR
2.000 - 2.999 km 360.00 EUR 
3.000 - 3.999 km 530.00 EUR 
4.000 - 7.999 km 820.00 EUR 
8.000 km and more 1,100.00 EUR 

Accommodation costs are calculated on the basis of daily rates. The person's mobility programme must show that activities related to the mobility measure have taken place on the days to be supported. Evidence must be provided in the form of a certificate issued by the host organisation at the end of the stay indicating the start and end of the stay. Travel days can also be subsidised if they precede or follow the stay immediately.

Host country Unit costs per day per participant (without day of travel) 
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland180.00 EUR (126,00 EUR from the 15th day)
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Malta, Portugal160.00 EUR (112,00 EUR from the 15th day)
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey140.00 EUR (98,00 EUR from the 15th day) 

How can I apply for funding?

Bitte beantragen Sie Ihre Mobilitäten in KU Mobility Online.

Which documents do I need? 

a) Mobility Agreement (Upload in Mobility Online), which agrees on the contents of mobility, confirmed by the signature of the supervisor(s).

b) Scholarship Agreement/ Grant Agreement - in ORIGINAL (will be sent to you as soon as you application is completed in Mobility Online) 

c) Travel authorization request (also applies to Lehrbeauftragte)

d) Confirmation of the host university or institution

e) Participation in the EU online survey (invitation by e-mail) 

Information on insurance cover

There is no insurance cover associated with an Erasmus+ mobility grant. Neither EU KOM, NA DAAD nor KU are liable for damages resulting from illness, death, accident, injury to persons, loss of or damage to property in connection with Erasmus+ stays abroad.

With the Grant Agreement, the sponsored persons undertake to provide the following insurance cover themselves:

  • Travel insurance if applicable
  • Liability insurance (professional and personal liability, if applicable)
  • Insurance for accidents (participants on business trips are covered by accident insurance) and serious illnesses (including total or partial incapacity for work)
  • Term life insurance (including repatriation from abroad)

In addition, participants should be in possession of a European health insurance card. 


It is possible to be included in the DAAD's group insurance, which offers comprehensive insurance cover. 

Forms and links

Contact person for questions on application and eligibility for funding

Jessica Hofmacher
Name: Jessica Hofmacher
Anschrift: Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Domplatz 8
85072 Eichstätt
Gebäude: International House
Raum: 203
Telefon: +49 (0)8421 93 21267
E-Mail: welcome(at)
Sprechstunde: Campus Eichstätt: Thursday 14.00 - 16.00 h (DP8 200) Campus Ingolstadt: Thursday 09.00 - 11.00 h (HB 215) and upon individual arrangement