you are here:  International  Erasmus+ Teaching Staff Mobility

Erasmus+ Teaching Staff Mobility (STA) 

Why should I teach abroad? 
  • Exchange and networking with foreign colleagues 
  • Intensification of the relationship with a partner university 
  • Development of common curricula and modules
  • Especially for Mittelbau members: further education aspect
  • Experience with other higher education systems
  • Foreign language teaching experience
  • Low administrative effort, as the payment is made on a flat-rate basis
Who can get the funding? 
  • Teachers who have a contractual relationship with the KU (regardless of nationality) 
  • Teachers of KU without endowment
  • Lecturers with work contracts (Lehrbeauftragte)
  • Retired professors and lecturers
  • Research assistants
Where can I go?

Staff mobility must take place in a programme country which is not the country of the sending higher education institution (i.e. not in Germany) and not the main country of residence of the person concerned. 

All Erasmus+ partner universities of KU that have concluded an Inter-Institutional Agreement in the respective subject are eligible as target universities. You can research HERE at which university you can be supported within the framework of Erasmus+.

What is an Inter-Institutional Agreement? 

The Inter-Institutional Agreement is a prerequisite for funding, in which the exchange flows and subject areas are agreed. If no such agreement has yet been reached for the university you have selected, an agreement can be concluded with a relatively short lead time and in consultation with the Dean of your faculty, provided the partner university agrees. 

How much am I supposed to teach? 

Mobility for teaching purposes must be at least 8 hours per week. The minimum length of stay is 2 days, which must be evidenced by a certificate of stay. 


New from 2018/2019: You can combine teacher mobility with mobility for training purposes. In this case, only 4 lessons need to be proven. 

How much funding will I get?

The Erasmus+ mobility grant includes the travel and accommodation costs, which are subsidised by the EU KOM / NA DAAD as unit costs. The unit costs for the trip are calculated using the Distance Calculator. The place of departure is always the respective place of employment (Eichstätt or Ingolstadt).  

One-way distance according to distance calculatorAmount (unit costs) per participant (= round trip) 
< 100 km 20.00 EUR
100 - 499 km 180.00 EUR 
500 - 1.999 km 275.00 EUR
2.000 - 2.999 km 360.00 EUR 
3.000 - 3.999 km 530.00 EUR 
4.000 - 7.999 km 820.00 EUR 
8.000 km and more 1,100.00 EUR 

Accommodation costs are calculated on the basis of daily rates. The person's mobility programme must show that activities related to the mobility measure have taken place on the days to be supported. Evidence must be provided in the form of a confirmation issued by the host university at the end of the stay, stating the start and end of the stay (official business), including the number of hours worked. The minimum duration is 2 working days. Travel days can also be subsidised if they precede or follow the stay immediately.

Host Country Unit costs per day per participant (without day of travel)
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland180.00 EUR (126.00 EUR from the 15th day) 
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Malta, Portugal  160.00 EUR (112.00 EUR from the 15th day) 
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Northern Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey140.00 EUR (98.00 EUR from the 15th day) 
What is a Zero Grant?Zero grants are days that are part of mobility, but for which no funding can be paid out. Example: You apply for a grant for 16 days of teaching, but only receive funding for 10 days. The grant agreement will then include 6 zero grant days.
How can I apply for funding?

Please apply for funding through Mobility Online

Which documents do I need?

a) Mobility Agreement, which agrees on the content (upload in Mobility Online), for academic staff and professors without their own chair, this must also be confirmed by a signature of the chair holder or the Dean of the Faculty.

b) a letter of invitation or confirmation from the host university

c) Scholarship Agreement/ Grant Agreement - in ORIGINAL

d) Travel authorization request (also applies to Lehrbeauftragte)

e) Confirmation of the host university

f) Participation in the EU online survey (invitation by e-mail) 

Information on insurance cover 

There is no insurance cover associated with an Erasmus+ mobility grant. Neither EU KOM, NA DAAD nor KU are liable for damages resulting from illness, death, accident, injury to persons, loss of or damage to property in connection with Erasmus+ stays abroad.

With the Grant Agreement, the sponsored persons undertake to provide the following insurance cover themselves:

  • Travel insurance if applicable
  • Liability insurance (professional and personal liability, if applicable)
  • Insurance for accidents (participants on business trips are covered by accident insurance) and serious illnesses (including total or partial incapacity for work)
  • Term life insurance (including repatriation from abroad)

In addition, participants should be in possession of a European health insurance card. 


It is possible to be included in the DAAD's group insurance, which offers comprehensive insurance cover. 

Forms and links

Contact person for questions on application and eligibility for funding

Jessica Hofmacher
Name: Jessica Hofmacher
Anschrift: Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Domplatz 8
85072 Eichstätt
Gebäude: International House
Raum: 203
Telefon: +49 (0)8421 93 21267
E-Mail: welcome(at)
Sprechstunde: Campus Eichstätt: Thursday 14.00 - 16.00 h (DP8 200) Campus Ingolstadt: Thursday 09.00 - 11.00 h (HB 215) and upon individual arrangement