a) We regularly publish a list with possible topics stemming from Organizational Ethics and CSR, sustainable management, Practical wisdom, sustainable finance, value-based management in Family firms, work-life-balance, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Social Impact Start-ups etc. Beyond those, individually chose topics can be discussed with Prof. Habisch (MA Thesis) and with the assistants (BA Thesis).
b) Crucial requirement is the active reception of high-ranking journal articles. We expect approx. 5-10 articles for a BA and 10-15 articles for an MA thesis, which you are working with actively.
c) We will publish a list for formal requirement at the website, but they are not obligatory. A BA thesis normally covers around 45 pages (appendix included).
d) It is only possible to author a MA thesis in the form of a Journal article. In this case, the manuscript will cover 45 p. and has to be structured according to the publication guidelines of the targeted Journal. Assessment is independent from the publication.
e) We especially encourage Chinese students (regular and exchange) who want to dedicate their thesis to a topic from the wide range of Sustainability. The ‘Competence unit Sustainability in China’ at our professorship provides possibilities and contact with practitioners and academic colleagues from different parts of China.
f) Moreover, students who have visited a ‘Social Innovation I’ course, are also entitled to author an MA thesis based on action learning in partnership with a Social Impact Start-up (SIST). Authored in that form, the thesis will consist in 2 power point presen-tations and an extended work report, which reflects the conceptual, practical, and implementation–related work done for the SIST and his/ her organization. For that process, we will mediate a contact with a SIST, organize a 60-90 min Q&A session with her/ him and ensure regular contact and exchange possibilities. Results of this form of MA thesis will also be published within and benefit from the Social Impact Start-up Academy (SISTAC).
g) Requirements for the thesis formation
- sufficient page margins (left 2.0 cm, right 2.0cm, top 2.5cm and bottom 2cm, respectively), correct line spacing (1.5-times) as well as a font of 12pt in font Arial/Calibri. In addition, the text should use full justification and auto-hyphenation should be activated.
- The title page should contain the following information:
1. the name of the professorship
2. the topic of the seminar paper
3. the submission deadline
4. the name of the supervising lecturer
5. Author’s information: first name, surname, address, telephone number, email and student number
- APA or Harvard citation styles are recommended.
- Declaration of authorship should be included after the reference list