Points of contact

Picture with questionmarks
© colourbox.de

Several contact points at the KU are at your disposal if you have questions regarding the compatibility of studying and family responsibilities. The central contact point is the Center for Marriage and Family in Society (ZFG). Here pregnant students and young parents receive support, for example in organizing childcare or in financial matters. In addition, the ZFG also helps you with questions regarding the care of elderly relatives. In addition, there are a number of other contact points. The student office, for example, helps with formal questions regarding the organization of your studies. The student advisory service and the departmental student advisory service support you in planning your studies. Finally, the Examinations Office helps you with questions about exams.


Overview of the contact points

Center for marriage and family in society (ZFG)

[Translate to Englisch:] Logo ZFG

The central contact at the KU for questions regarding the compatibility of family and career or studies is the Center for Marriage and Family in Society (ZFG). Here, parents and parents-to-be receive support and advice. By e-mail, telephone or in a personal conversation, solutions for your very individual life situation are sought together.

The staff of the ZFG will help you with questions concerning childcare, with questions about financing your studies with a child and with questions regarding the offers of the KU for employees and students with family and care responsibilities.

You can find more information here.


Central Student Advisory Service

The Central Student Advisory Service at the KU will help you as a prospective student or as an already enrolled student, among other things, with the search for the right course of study, with questions regarding application and admission procedures, with enrollment, with finding accommodation and with financing your studies. The advisors will also provide you with information on questions concerning the organisation of your studies and on changing your course of study or subject.

You can obtain further information here.

Student advising of the faculties

If you have any questions about a specific course of study, about subjects and their career opportunities or if you have detailed questions about the structure of your studies, the respective departmental student advisory service is the right contact point.

You can obtain further information here.

Student Office

The Student Office will help you with all organisational tasks related to the start of your studies and the study process. This is where you enrol, apply for admissions restricted courses, re-register, apply for a semester off or a change of course or subject.

You can find various application forms on the website of the Student Office. The site also offers information for foreign applicants and professionally qualified persons without a school-leaving certificate. If you would like to find out about leave of absence, health and accident insurance, or have your studies certified, you will also find what you are looking for here.

You can find more information here.

Students at the Ingolstadt location can also contact the Ingolstadt Student Service. Further information can be found here.

Student Representatives Council

The Student Representatives Concil represents the interests and concerns of the students towards the university management and the public. The exact structure of the student representation at the KU is presented on the internet pages of the Council. Under the heading "News" you will find dates, events and announcements.

The Student Representatives Council is a central point of contact for you as a student. If you wish, it will treat your concerns confidentially and help you to find suitable contact persons.

You can obtain further information here.

Women's and equal opportunity officers

The Women's and Equal Opportunities Commissioners (FuGB) at the KU takes care to avoid disadvantages for students and employees. The FuGB support the university in the performance of its task of enforcing actual equality between women and men and taking this into account as a guiding principle. They also work towards eliminating existing disadvantages.

Further information is available here.

Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Counselling

Studying is a time that brings with it many challenges. At the Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Counselling Center, students find an open ear and advice on topics such as difficulties in their studies or partner or parent problems. The counselling center guarantees absolute confidentiality; strict secrecy applies.

You can find more information here.

Legal advice

For you as a student at the KU, legal advice is offered by the law firms Rudolf, Goldschadt & Kollegen (Ingolstadt) and Vergho & Donaubauer (Eichstätt) in their offices. The advice can cover all areas of law. Any further legal activity that goes beyond the conversation conducted (such as drafting of letters, representation in court or before authorities, preparation of legal opinions, etc.) requires a separate mandate from the parties concerned.


General BAföG consulting services

For many students, an important aspect of financing their studies are benefits under the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG). The Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nuremberg can provide you with information about state funding as well as information and tips on how to apply for it. Under this link you can find more information at the Office for Educational Support responsible for you.

Further information on BAföG can also be found on the website of the Ministry of Education under this link.

Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nuremberg

The Studentenwerk Nürnberg-Erlangen is of great importance for students at the KU. It is the point of contact for questions concerning student life, e.g. BAföG (student loan) or the search for accommodation. In the brochure "WERKsWeiser" you will find study-relevant information and useful links.

The social counselling service of the Studentenwerk is also an important contact point for you with regard to studying with a child and the questions that arise from this. The counselling is often carried out in close cooperation with other partners outside and inside the Studentenwerk. You can find more information on social counseling here.

You can find more information about the Studentenwerk in general here.

Eximination Office

The contact persons at the Examination Office will help you further with all questions relevant to examinations, such as examination deadlines.

Further information can be found here.