The Intensive German Language Course, which prepares students for the DSH
exam, is an eight-month intensive German course for international students
admitted to Katholische Universität (KU) Eichstätt-Ingolstadt.
Deadline for Application: 15th July 2020 (at Student Office)
Information session and placement test (obligatory): Tuesday, 20th October 2020, at 09:00 am, KAP-210
Group assignment and course start: Monday, 26th October 2020, at 9:00 am, KGA-101
Final exam: Monday, 19th July 2021, rtba
This course is for international students who have a minimum level of A1
(according to the CEFR) and intend to study at KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt.
The intensive course is also open to students with levels higher
than A2 (see "Late Entrance" below).
- 8-month program (mid-October to early July), ends with the DSH language exam
- 3 contact hours, 5 mornings a week during the semester; and 4 contact hours, 5 mornings a week during winter break (middle of February until end of March) and 2x2 contact hours per week in the afternoon
- total contact hours (h): 620 (1 contact hour = 45 minutes)
The Intensive German Language Course prepares international students to
take the DSH ("Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang
Requirements for Admission:
1. Proof of admission to study at KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (with the exception of a few master's programs)
2. Language requirements: a completed level of A1 (according to the CEFR)
3. Matriculation to KU
Course size: 25 students maximum
1. Basic proficiency in German (A1 according to the CEFR)
2. Regular attendance, fulfilment of homework, and active participation during class
3. A passing grade at the end of the first semester in february
Course costs: 500,00 € per semester
Course books and copies: approx. 50,00 € per semester
Semesterbeitrag KU: 44,50 € per semester
After 2 semesters of successful studies at KU, 50 % of the course costs (= € 250,00) will be refunded.
Fee regulation: Kostenregelung
For students with levels higher than A2 who wish to join the course later in the year, entrance is also possible during the winter semester or with the beginning of the summer semester (= April 1 st).
For more information, please contact the course coordinator Adrian Schmatz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply for the course, please send application documents to:
Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Tel. ++ 49 (0) 8421 - 93 21216
Lektor für Deutsch als Fremdsprache
Sprechstunde: Mittwoch 14.00-15.00 Uhr
Tel. ++ 49 (0) 8421 - 93 21469
These cookies help us to see how visitors use our sites. This information is collected anonymously.
These necessary cookies provide basic functions of our website. Without these cookies you cannot use e.g. shop functions or logins. The website will therefore not function properly without these cookies.