In the flexible variant of the program, you combine the major and minor subjects according to your interests. Students are required to complete the major subject with a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 80 ECTS credits, Studium.Pro, an internship and the Master’s thesis with accompanying colloquium. In addition, students can take a minor subjects of at least 25 ECTS credits as well as the Studium Individuale component of up to 25 ECTS credits.
Students must complete:
- A subject in which they can write their Master’s thesis (worth at least 30 ECTS credits; major subject)
- Studium.Pro worth 5 ECTS credits
- An internship or another module from one of the chosen subjects worth 5 ECTS credits
- The Master’s thesis worth 30 ECTS credits
In order to be able to cover the total amount of 120 ECTS credits, students can complete:
- Up to two further subjects worth at least 25 ECTS credits each
- The Studium Individuale worth up to 25 ECTS credits.
You decide flexibly whether and if so, how many minor subjects you choose and how many ECTS credits you take in each subject exceeding the required minimum to fulfill the total of 120 ECTS credits.
The Studium Individuale component is a free elective area in which modules can be chosen from the entire offer of all Master’s degree programs at the KU without admission restrictions. It is particularly intended to broaden and deepen the individual course of study or to integrate a study-abroad period into the course of studies sensibly.