In the flexible variant of the program, you combine the major and minor subjects according to your interests. Students are required to complete the major subject with a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 150 ECTS credits, Studium.Pro, an internship and the Bachelor's thesis with accompanying colloquium. In addition, students can take up to three minor subjects of at least 30 ECTS credits each as well as the Studium Individuale component of up to 30 ECTS credits.
Students must complete:
- A subject in which they can write their Bachelor’s thesis (worth at least 60 ECTS credits; major subject)
- Studium.Pro worth 10 ECTS credits
- An internship worth 5 ECTS credits
- Bachelor’s thesis worth 10 ECTS credits
- Module “Scientific Coaching for the Bachelor’s Thesis” worth 5 ECTS credits
In order to be able to cover the total amount of 180 ECTS credits, students can complete:
- Up to three further subjects worth at least 30 ECTS credits each
- The Studium Individuale worth up to 30 ECTS credits.
You decide flexibly whether and if so, how many minor subjects you choose and how many ECTS credits you take in each subject exceeding the required minimum to fulfill the total of 180 ECTS credits.
The Studium Individuale component is a free elective area in which modules can be chosen from the entire offer of all Bachelor’s degree programs at the KU without admission restrictions. It is particularly intended to broaden and deepen the individual course of study or to integrate a study-abroad period into the course of studies sensibly.