Information related to your studies

Studying not only involves lectures, seminars and written assignments – it is also a very special stage in your life. This is why we want to cover more extensive information on this website than just modules, exam dates and study contents.

On this page, you will find, among other things, information about ways to finance your studies, tips on finding accommodation in Eichstätt and Ingolstadt, and important information on how to get your KU.Card, which is the key to many services on campus. If you want to get involved at the KU beyond the scope of your studies, or if you want to rent a Unibus, one of the KU’s minibuses, to travel between the two university locations, you will also find all relevant information here.

Good to know!

One for all: The KU.Card

The KU.Card is a real all-rounder: It is your student ID and library card, but you also use it as your canteen card and for printing, copying and scanning on campus.

Please click here for more information on how to obtain and use your KU.Card.


Save the dates: Semester schedule

All fixed dates for a semester that are set well in advance can be found in the semester time tables. Here you can find out about, for example, the regular course periods, lecture-free days and when you have to re-register for the coming semester.


Professional presentation: Download document templates

If you have to design presentations for your studies, you can use the official KU PowerPoint and Keynote templates. You can also download and use the KU’s corporate fonts free of charge to use them in the context of your studies.

You can find fonts and document templates in the student portal (currently only available in German) – to access the pages, you need to log in with your user ID.

Getting around: KU minibuses & transport allowance

KU minibuses

KU students can travel between the Eichstätt and Ingolstadt campuses by minibuses, which are provided by the KU Sozialwerk free of charge for the following purposes: Transfer for attending courses, official University events, student plenary assemblies and for representing students in University committees and bodies.

Transport allowance

For travel by public transportation for the above purposes, 50 percent of the costs can be reimbursed upon application.

Subsidy for semester ticket

Students can apply for a flat-rate subsidy of 33 euros per semester ticket (Eichstätt: Semester ticket for the city bus (Stadtlinie); Ingolstadt: Semester ticket for INVG).

The relevant contact and application office is the association Sozialwerk der Katholischen Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt e.V. All information and contact details can be found in the student portal. You have to log in with your user ID.

Get help with problems: Psychological counseling & legal advice

Psychological counseling

The KU Sozialwerk offers psychological counseling for students together with the Studentenwerk Erlangen-Nürnberg. A small fee is charged for counseling sessions (10 euros for individual sessions, 15 euros for couples’ and family sessions). Students may be exempted from paying this fee in cases of financial hardship. You can arrange an binding open consultation hours.

Contact data and further information on psychological counseling is available here. (currently only available in German)

Legal advice

The KU Sozialwerk also offers legal advice for students provided by a local law firm in Eichstätt and Ingolstadt upon request. The consultation covers all areas of law. Students are required to pay 5 euros at the legal office immediately when starting the consultation. The remaining costs for the legal advice are borne by the Sozialwerk.

Further information on legal advice is available here. (currently only available in German)



Information printed on the KU.Card includes the student’s last name, first name, date of birth, photograph, student registration number and user ID and identifies the holders as members of the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. Students who have not uploaded a photograph to be printed on their KU.Card must in addition carry a valid identification document (ID card, passport).